Who: As stated above, the “A” should be the main point of contact.
- Any violation of FIPG policy.
- Any injury to a member or guest that occurred as a result of a fraternity-related activity (official and “unofficial”).
- Allegations of sexual assault connected with a member or guest.
- Any hazing incidents.
- Any incident that involves alcohol.
- Any lawsuits or subpoenas filed against the chapter/colony.
- Any inquiries by authorities and/or attorneys regarding an incident related to the chapter.
When: Within 24 hours of becoming aware of any of the previous items, contact Headquarters.
Where: The Incident Report Form is linked above. In addition, contact Headquarters at 319-337-4811.
How: Gather as much information as possible. This includes the names of any individuals involved, the location of the incident, circumstances surrounding any injury, if alcohol was involved, any medical attention sought, and any other facts that are available. Disclose ALL facts that are known to Delta Chi Headquarters and the fraternity’s insurer.
- Do not admit responsibility or liability for any incident.
- Speak with a Headquarters staff person before communicating with an attorney.
- The chapter “A” should be the main spokesperson and no other members should speak with any individuals regarding an incident, unless requested to do so by law enforcement.
- Keep Headquarters informed of any updates that occur or any additional information that becomes available.