Each spring, Delta Chis have the opportunity to support the fight against cancer while cheering on their NCAA Division I basketball tournament favorites. The Delta Chi Bracket Challenge (DXBC) is a chance for undergraduates, alumni, and friends of the Fraternity to support the V Foundation for Cancer Research and help the top fundraiser, the top overall bracket, and the top fundraising chapter win some excellent bragging rights and cool prizes.
DXBC 2024 is LIVE. Join the Madness January 15th through April 2024!
- Top Overall Bracket (Individual who has the most winning bracket): Two Tickets to the 2024 Jimmy V Classic in New York City & two nights of lodging
- Top Overall Fundraiser (Individual who raises the most money through the bracket challenge): Two Tickets to the 2024 Jimmy V Classic in New York City & two nights of lodging
- Top Fundraising Chapter (Chapter that raised the most money through the Bracket Challenge): Delta Chi Bracket Challenge Cup and swag from the V Foundation for Cancer Research
Since 2006, The Delta Chi Fraternity and the V Foundation for Cancer Research have worked together to fight cancer. Recognizing the prevalence of cancer among its own communities and the urgent need for research and cures, Delta Chi has raised more than $2 million for the V Foundation to date.
The V Foundation was founded in 1993 by ESPN and the late Jim Valvano, legendary North Carolina State University men’s basketball coach and ESPN commentator. Valvano’s “Don’t Give Up . . . Don’t Ever Give Up!”® spirit is alive now more than ever. With continued support, the V Foundation will continue to accelerate Victory Over Cancer® and save more lives.
Ready for the madness? Want to win tickets to the 2024 Jimmy V Classic in New York City? Follow these simple steps:
- Select a team captain to create your team page. This could be your philanthropy chair, your alumni chapter president, anyone, you decide!
- Your team captain should then go to v.org/delta-chi/delta-chi-bracket-challenge
- Click the “register now” button to establish your team on donor drive.
- Note: When creating your team, you must use your chapter name as your team name.
- Your team captain will receive a link to your team page to send out to chapter members, friends, family, and alumni.
- Once your team has been created, you can also visit v.org/delta-chi/delta-chi-bracket-challenge.
- After registering, participants can choose “join a team” from the participation options and search for their team name.
- Donate $10 for each bracket you would like to enter in the Delta Chi Bracket Challenge through ESPN. You’ll then receive an email with the link to create your bracket(s).
- If you register prior to the ESPN Bracket Challenge going live, you will receive the link to create your bracket(s) on Sunday, March 17, 2024.
- Complete your bracket before the start of the first tournament game on March 19th, 2024!
- Watch the national tournament and cross your fingers that your bracket makes the cut to win some awesome prizes!
- Keep fundraising through your team page – even if your bracket does not win, there are prizes for fundraising!