Delta Chi is seeking a dynamic team member to design, market, and implement all current and future growth initiatives. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to share Delta Chi’s values and history of successful new chapters with marquee Universities around the country to secure expansion projects. The Director will also have complete ownership of delivering growth-related strategic plan initiatives.
As a close partner with the Director of Fraternity Services, the Director of Fraternity Growth will work creatively to provide recruitment resources and tools to support general chapter membership growth. The Director will supervise the Fraternity Growth Coordinator and oversee the leadership consultant team during expansions. This position is a member of the Field Operations department and will report to the Senior Director of Field Operations.
- Responsible for furthering the mission, vision and values of Delta Chi Fraternity by developing and managing the Fraternity’s expansion efforts and recruitment marketing strategy, tools, and resources
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Field Operations to develop and execute Delta Chi’s growth strategic plan to target universities and grow the organization
- Develop new and manage existing relationships with colleges and universities to bring Delta Chi successfully to campuses
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Field Operations to research, develop, and secure expansion commitments for Delta Chi
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Field Operations to develop and submit expansion proposals and implement expansion presentations
- Drive Delta Chi Strategic Initiatives related to fraternity growth
- Collaborate with the Director of Fraternity Services to supervise and manage the consultant staff and serve as the primary supervisor during expansion projects
- Supervise and manage the Fraternity Growth Coordinator position
- Oversee and manage expansion efforts, including resource planning, schedules, budget management, materials, and staff support
- Develop alumni support prior to expansions
- Manage the colony development process through chartering
- Manage the chartering petition process for all colonies and support chartering banquet planning and implementation
- Provide updates to the Board of Regents and senior level staff on all expansion efforts
- Become proficient in best recruitment and expansion practices and educate, train, and coach staff, chapters, colonies and alumni
- Represent the Fraternity at industry conferences and participate in opportunities to present education content at conferences
- Member of Delta Chi Fraternity or affiliation in a fraternity/sorority highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, non-profit management, business/marketing or similar field preferred
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience
- A track record of success in student leadership development
- Strong understanding and experience of recruitment strategies
- Strong understanding of marketing and sales life cycle, sales principles, and best practices
- Highly effective small and large audience presentation skills utilizing electronic tools, media, resources, etc.
- Self-starter and/or experience with start-up initiatives (i.e., small businesses, programs, university or community outreach, new organizations, etc.)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, customer service skills, organizational and delegation skills. Written communication skills must include proven abilities with successful presentations and proposals
- High attention to detail
- Proficiency in time management and project management
- Must be able to travel to destinations for meetings and events
- Must be willing to work evening and weekend functions as necessary
- Ability to work independently, remain motivated, and deadline-oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Proficiency in Adobe programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat) a plus
- Team-oriented philosophy with the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
Please submit a resume, two references, and a cover letter articulating your interest. Include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Electronic applications will be accepted through September 30, 2019.
Please send all application materials:
Senior Director of Field Operations
The Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in supporting the team and fast-paced daily operations of Delta Chi. You will have the opportunity to positively impact the undergraduate men and the alumni experience. As a team member, you will represent Delta Chi in building vendor relationships that support the member experience and create an excellent working environment for the team.
As an owner of wide-ranging processes, you will be able to display your creativity in problem solving and attention to detail daily. Your efforts will support our membership, our staff and the functionality of the office building. In addition, you will be a key team member in assisting with special projects assigned by the executive team.
- Provide a high level of customer service to all members, parents and guests by phone and in-person
- First contact for all vendor relationships that support the functionality of the office building (Phone, Internet, Cleaning, Public Services, Mail & Packages, Alarm and Supplies)
- Oversee the IHQ email account and general phone inquires
- Greet visitors and connect them with the appropriate staff member
- Facilitate tours of the headquarters
- Assist with order fulfillment
- Support the Fraternity awards program
- Assist with member database for individual member records and Strategic Initiative reporting
- Assist with event planning, logistics and travel arrangements as needed
- Special projects and other duties assigned by the COO & CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of relevant work experience managing processes in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Willing to work occasional evening and weekend functions as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organizational and task management skills,
- Attention to detail and customer service orientation are fundamental to this role
- Must be able to analyze information, problem solve, and organize responses quickly
- Effectively schedule the work of vendors
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong individual motivation and time management to meet required deadlines
- Background and knowledge of fraternity/sorority operations
- Experience with OmegaFi and/or Compass database
Please submit a resume, two professional references, and a cover letter articulating your interest. Include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications can be submitted electronically. Anticipated start date: October 2019 or sooner. Please note that the position will be based at the Delta Chi International Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana.
All material must be sent to:
Aaron Wilson MBA
Associate Executive Director & COO
For a link to the official job description, please click HERE.
A leadership consultant fosters strong relationships with chapters, volunteers and universities across the United States and Canada while providing coaching on operations, organizational development and general Fraternity initiatives. A leadership consultant will also assist new colonies by focusing on volunteer support, member recruitment, and on-site colony development. This person assists members and communities in the form of operational assessment and support, administrative support, leadership development, expansion and education through the promotion of the values and expectations of Delta Chi.
Leadership consultants are specifically responsibly for:
- Meeting with undergraduate officers, committee chairmen, and members asking for a one-on-one meeting
- Consulting with advisors and other support alumni, including the chapter/colony’s House Corporation, Alumni Board of Trustees, “BB” and other campus fraternity & sorority life/student affairs office
- Presenting lecture-based and/or seminar-based discussions on topics such as recruitment, membership education, and chapter management
- Completing operational assessments of a chapter/colony and developing an action plan to assist the group in areas of growth
- Leading the recruitment Founding Fathers for new Delta Chi Colonies
- Building relationships with college/university personnel and potential local support alumni
- Assisting in colony development efforts, including new officer and alumni advisor training
- Assisting in regional and international programs and conferences of the Fraternity.
When not traveling (such as during the summer and winter recesses), Leadership Consultants assist in the creation and revision of Fraternity programs and resources (e.g., BRIEFs, manuals, various articles).
- Member of the Delta Chi Fraternity
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Knowledge of Delta Chi chapter operations, national policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership within the Fraternity and/or student organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and public speaking
- Strong proficiency in time management and project management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competitive salary
- Inclusive healthcare package
- Paid time off
- Use of Fraternity owned iPhone and MacBook
- Paid travel and accommodation expenses
- Participation in Fraternity’s international events
- Receive a special Delta Chi “Staff” badge
- Earn hotel and airline reward miles
- Experience unique locations across the country
- Gain valuable presentation and public-speaking skills
- Ability to conduct training and manage conflict resolution
- Development of critical skills applicable to a variety of future careers
Leadership Consultant (LC) applications are reviewed on a semesterly basis. Our typical timeline allows us to bring on consultants starting the summer prior to an academic year; however, on a space-available basis, we may be able to bring on LCs to begin in the spring semester. Please see below for the 2019-2020 deadline information:
Spring 2019 Start (space-available basis)
Application Deadline: October 27
2020-2021 Academic Year
Priority Application Deadline: January 31
Final Application Deadline: February 29
Should you have any questions, please contact Jake Tomlin, Director of Fraternity Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications and Publications Intern will assist the Director of Communications and Publications in the completion of several projects, including but not limited to, creation of content and design ideas for the Fraternity’s magazine – The Quarterly, development of social media content, graphic design, website content and maintenance, copy editing and proof-reading, large-scale email distribution, creation of press releases and original articles, videography and video editing, photography, publication design, long-term planning and marketing schedules, and other duties as assigned.
This is an educational position. Candidates with an interest in responsibilities related to this position are not expected to have prior professional experience in this area.
- Update and maintain Delta Chi’s social media presence through short and long-term marketing plans utilizing Hootsuite.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing content for the Fraternity’s magazine, The Quarterly.
- Draft, distribute, and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
- Write content for a variety of digital marketing platforms.
- Design, manage, and plan email marketing campaigns utilizing MyEmma.
- Design flyers, graphics, banners and other marketing material for use in collaboration with Delta Chi events and promotions.
- Update the Delta Chi website and troubleshoot backend issues in WordPress.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and deliverables for marketing and communications.
- Plan and facilitate meetings with other departments to maximize success of current organizational projects.
- Assist with developing the communications annual calendar.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings, virtually or in person.
- Research and recommend new platforms, tools, mediums, and hardware for use in achieving organizational goals.
- Film and photograph various people and events for Fraternity use.
- Edit still images and video utilizing Adobe Creative software.
- Completed or working towards a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Background in and/or knowledge of Greek life, campus life, or social organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Aptitude to be a self-starter and find answers/solutions when needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and/or a reliable mode of transportation to and from work.
Candidates must have proficiency or willingness to learn in the following areas:
- Utilizing Adobe Create software, with an emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Premiere.
- Managing the backend of a website, with a focus on WordPress.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, with a focus on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Knowledge or interest in general design principles and experience with design across multiple platforms.
- Mass communications or mass marketing.
- Writing for different mediums with an understanding of AP style formatting.
- Understanding of social media metrics and data analysis for enhancing marketing efficiency.
- Currently a member of, or have experience with, a fraternity or sorority.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter articulating your interest. This is an unpaid internship. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications may be submitted electronically. Anticipated start date: October 2019 or sooner. Please note that the position will be based in Indianapolis, Indiana at the International Headquarters, located at 3845 N Meridian Street.
All material must be sent to:
Director of Communications and Publications
For the official job description, please click HERE.