A leadership consultant fosters strong relationships with chapters, volunteers and universities across the United States and Canada while providing coaching on operations, organizational development and general Fraternity initiatives. A leadership consultant will also assist new colonies by focusing on volunteer support, member recruitment, and on-site colony development. This person assists members and communities in the form of operational assessment and support, administrative support, leadership development, expansion and education through the promotion of the values and expectations of Delta Chi.
Leadership consultants are specifically responsibly for:
- Meeting with undergraduate officers, committee chairmen, and members asking for a one-on-one meeting
- Consulting with advisors and other support alumni, including the chapter/colony’s House Corporation, Alumni Board of Trustees, “BB” and other campus fraternity & sorority life/student affairs office
- Presenting lecture-based and/or seminar-based discussions on topics such as recruitment, membership education, and chapter management
- Completing operational assessments of a chapter/colony and developing an action plan to assist the group in areas of growth
- Leading the recruitment Founding Fathers for new Delta Chi Colonies
- Building relationships with college/university personnel and potential local support alumni
- Assisting in colony development efforts, including new officer and alumni advisor training
- Assisting in regional and international programs and conferences of the Fraternity.
When not traveling (such as during the summer and winter recesses), Leadership Consultants assist in the creation and revision of Fraternity programs and resources (e.g., BRIEFs, manuals, various articles).
- Member of the Delta Chi Fraternity
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Knowledge of Delta Chi chapter operations, national policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership within the Fraternity and/or student organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and public speaking
- Strong proficiency in time management and project management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competitive salary
- Inclusive healthcare package
- Paid time off
- Use of Fraternity owned iPhone and MacBook
- Paid travel and accommodation expenses
- Participation in Fraternity’s international events
- Receive a special Delta Chi “Staff” badge
- Earn hotel and airline reward miles
- Experience unique locations across the country
- Gain valuable presentation and public-speaking skills
- Ability to conduct training and manage conflict resolution
- Development of critical skills applicable to a variety of future careers
Leadership Consultant (LC) applications are reviewed on a semesterly basis. Our typical timeline allows us to bring on consultants starting the summer prior to an academic year; however, on a space-available basis, we may be able to bring on LCs to begin in the spring semester. Please see below for the 2019-2020 deadline information:
Spring 2019 Start (space-available basis)
Application Deadline: October 27
2020-2021 Academic Year
Priority Application Deadline: January 31
Final Application Deadline: February 29
Should you have any questions, please contact Jake Tomlin, Director of Fraternity Services, at email@example.com
The Communications and Publications Intern will assist the Director of Communications and Publications in the completion of several projects, including but not limited to, creation of content and design ideas for the Fraternity’s magazine – The Quarterly, development of social media content, graphic design, website content and maintenance, copy editing and proof-reading, large-scale email distribution, creation of press releases and original articles, videography and video editing, photography, publication design, long-term planning and marketing schedules, and other duties as assigned.
This is an educational position. Candidates with an interest in responsibilities related to this position are not expected to have prior professional experience in this area.
- Update and maintain Delta Chi’s social media presence through short and long-term marketing plans utilizing Hootsuite.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing content for the Fraternity’s magazine, The Quarterly.
- Draft, distribute, and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
- Write content for a variety of digital marketing platforms.
- Design, manage, and plan email marketing campaigns utilizing MyEmma.
- Design flyers, graphics, banners and other marketing material for use in collaboration with Delta Chi events and promotions.
- Update the Delta Chi website and troubleshoot backend issues in WordPress.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and deliverables for marketing and communications.
- Plan and facilitate meetings with other departments to maximize success of current organizational projects.
- Assist with developing the communications annual calendar.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings, virtually or in person.
- Research and recommend new platforms, tools, mediums, and hardware for use in achieving organizational goals.
- Film and photograph various people and events for Fraternity use.
- Edit still images and video utilizing Adobe Creative software.
- Completed or working towards a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Background in and/or knowledge of Greek life, campus life, or social organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Aptitude to be a self-starter and find answers/solutions when needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and/or a reliable mode of transportation to and from work.
Candidates must have proficiency or willingness to learn in the following areas:
- Utilizing Adobe Create software, with an emphasis on Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Premiere.
- Managing the backend of a website, with a focus on WordPress.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, with a focus on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Knowledge or interest in general design principles and experience with design across multiple platforms.
- Mass communications or mass marketing.
- Writing for different mediums with an understanding of AP style formatting.
- Understanding of social media metrics and data analysis for enhancing marketing efficiency.
- Currently a member of, or have experience with, a fraternity or sorority.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter articulating your interest. This is an unpaid internship. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications may be submitted electronically. Anticipated start date: October 2019 or sooner. Please note that the position will be based in Indianapolis, Indiana at the International Headquarters, located at 3845 N Meridian Street.
All material must be sent to:
Director of Communications and Publications
For the official job description, please click HERE.