The Fraternity man never graduates. He receives his diploma and leaves his Alma Mater for the larger affairs of the world, but as long as his Chapter stands, he is as much a part and parcel of it as in his undergraduate days. His success is theirs and their success is his. He belongs to the family for life.”
-Peter Schermerhorn Johnson , Founder
IOWA CITY, Iowa – We are grateful for the role that our alumni play in the lifelong bond of Delta Chi and are excited to launch our inaugural Alumni Appreciation Week. From February 4 – 9, 2019, we‘ll be highlighting the many contributions our alumni make as volunteers, public servants, community and business leaders, and ways that they can remain engaged in Delta Chi.
Delta Chi will be using its website and social media channels to highlight the many ways our alumni are giving back. To help make this program as impactful as possible, we need your help. Below are a few ways you can be involved and promote lifelong engagement with your organization:
- Take part in our social media campaign: Be sure to share and like the posts from Delta Chi throughout the week and raise awareness of the great work of our alumni.
- Say “Thanks”: Coordinate a chapter-wide outreach to alumni and volunteers to thank them for sharing their time, talents, and treasure. Whether through email, a call, or a handwritten note, a thank you goes a long way.
- Host a “Directory Drive”: Encourage your alumni to update their contact information with the Fraternity. Having accurate contact information is a vital first step in engagement.
- Organize an event: While the start of the semester may not be when you typically host an alumni event, consider providing an opportunity for alumni to get together and connect. Or, start planning your event for later in the semester and send out your “Save the Date” this week!
- Encourage them to share their story: Delta Chi will be using our social media channels to highlight the many different ways our alumni are giving back. We encourage you to share stories and help us identifying new ones by filling out this quick form. By sharing this link with your alumni, it will help us learn more about their great work.
- Promote the Alumni Engagement Survey: As part of Alumni Appreciation Week, Delta Chi is excited to launch our Alumni Engagement Survey. This survey will be used to better understand the experiences of our alumni members and assist us in improving future programs and initiatives offered by Delta Chi. Encourage your alumni to participate!
We hope that you will take some time to engage this week and recognize the many ways our alumni are working to make Delta Chi and their communities a better place.