IOWA CITY, Iowa – The Delta Chi Fraternity is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Member Safety. The Director of Member Safety is responsible for the oversight of Delta Chi’s risk management policy, handling all violations to the Fraternity’s policy, liability insurance, member safety education, minimum standards, and assists the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director with all matters pertaining to the Fraternity’s risk management policy.
Guided by the Fraternity’s four core values, Friendship, Character, Justice, and Education, Delta Chi strives to ensure that our members have a meaningful fraternity experience that positively contributes to both their lives and the lives of others.
- Respond to legal matters arising from insurance claims and work with legal professionals and insurance providers to represent Delta Chi’s interests and resolve issues.
- Educate and update staff members on member safety issues, and prepare them to deal with chapter situations.
- Partner with Director of Fraternity Services to create and implement strategies for educating all (associate, undergraduate,alumnus) members on the risk management policy and procedure through preparation of written material and live workshops and sessions.
- Coordinate with Delta Chi’s Risk Management Commission Chairman and Delta Chi Legal Advisor to clarify and interpret risk management policy, and answer other ongoing risk management questions.
- Respond to chapter incidents and initiate fair and, where appropriate thorough investigation procedures.
- Manage our liability insurance and calculated costs for each chapter.
- Coordinate and drive efforts with appropriate University officials to partner on effective solutions, build and maintain relationships, and to preserve Delta Chi’s interests
- Ensure that all procedures outlined in Delta Chi Law are handled in a timely manner.
- Manage chapters that are on various levels of corrective action and verify that the requirements of such are met on a timely basis.
- Advise chapters prior to and during expulsion efforts, and manage expulsion procedures after a chapter has expelled a member.
- Manage expulsion procedures as directed by the Board of Regents within the scope of Delta Chi Law.
- Travel to troubled chapters and initiate reorganization efforts.
- Conduct interventions and membership reviews.
- Represent the Fraternity with the University,the press, general public, and parents through meetings, statements, and press releases; interact closely with Director of Media & Events.
- Provide support and guidance to ongoing Conservatorships. Remain as a source of advice and verify the progress of the Conservatorship. Provide Executive Committee with updates and recommendations.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of risk management and judicial trends and approaches within the Higher Education field.
For more information and details on how to apply, please see our official job listing on our Employment Page.