The Emerging Leaders Academy
The Delta Chi Fraternity is committed to developing the strongest leaders throughout one’s membership. The Emerging Leaders Academy is a four-day leadership development experience that helps participants learn more about their leadership styles and strengths.
This highly interactive program is geared toward rising sophomores and juniors and takes place at the founding site of Delta Chi, Cornell University. Participants will not only have the chance to learn about whom they are as leaders, but also reflect upon this history of our Founders and how we live out their legacy.
We are able to provide this experience thanks to the generous support of our donors and the Delta Chi Educational Foundation. The DCEF has granted over $30,000 to help this program get up and running.
EMERGING LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP:
Continuing support of the ELA is imperative. The Delta Chi Educational Foundation has set a goal to fund 25 scholarships for qualified students to attend by June 1, 2019: Fundraising Thermometer.
- Each scholarship is valued at $650 per year, and we are seeking a three-year commitment from donors = $1,950.
- Scholarships may be named by the donor, and reserved for a student from your Chapter.
- If no one from your Chapter applies, the scholarship may be awarded to another student in your Region or at the direction of the DCEF Board of Directors.
- Each scholarship covers the cost of the student’s four-day experience: lodging, meals, materials, etc. but does not cover travel at this time.
- Attendees are responsible for paying their own $50 Registration Fee.
If you are interested in sponsoring an Emerging Leaders Scholarship please make your gift clicking the button above, or texting keyword “ELA” to the #91999 to make a mobile gift, or by contacting our Director of Development:
Peter Lane at email@example.com or (319) 499-0352. Thank you!
Participants must be initiated members of Delta Chi by June 1, 2018. Preference will be given to those who are going into their sophomore or junior year of college. Space is limited for this program, so the Fraternity may limit the number of participants from one chapter.
Immediately following the ELA, Delta Chi will provide you with an opportunity (via email) to submit a reimbursement claim for 50% of the mileage and/or travel cost not to exceed $350. Attendees will be granted two weeks (14 days) from the date that the email is sent to submit a claim for reimbursement.