The Foundation strives to offer opportunities for a variety of donor supported programs and activities. We are proud that our educational resources and programs for the chapters and colonies have grown. This is because of our loyal donors supporting the mission and vision.
We hope you will join us in supporting the Foundation’s educational efforts. By donating to the programs and scholarships of the Foundation, you will have the satisfaction of making a positive impact on the future leaders of tomorrow.
– DCEF Board of Directors
News & Announcement
Friday, July 29, 2016 | 1:15 PM
Louisville Marriott Downtown
280 West Jefferson St.
Louisville, KY 40202
All Foundation donors who have contributed $200 or more are voting members with full voice at the annual meeting and are encouraged to become involved in the future direction of the Foundation. We would appreciate your presence to meet and exchange ideas with other members and the board of directors. It is our sincere hope that you will be able to attend the annual membership meeting.
60th Delta Chi International Convention
July 27-31, 2016
The Annual Membership Meeting will occur in line with the Fraternity’s International Convention. Beginning on Wednesday, July 27, the Delta Chi International Convention serves as a catalyst for the Fraternity to conduct official business, educate our members, and strengthen our Brotherhood. For many, the Convention is THE highlight of their summer! With educational, social, and sight-seeing programs, Delta Chi strives to offer activities for all of our undergraduate, alumnus, guest, and family attendees. This year marks the 60th Convention, which will be held in Louisville, Kentucky.
For registration options and more information on the Convention, please visit http://deltachiconvention.org/
The Delta Chi Educational Foundation is excited to announce the recipients of the 2016 Undergraduate InterFraternity Institute (UIFI) scholarship recipients.
- Nathan Anderson, Kansas State Chapter
Alexander Baker, Corpus Christi Chapter
Dominic Caggiano, Beaufort Chapter
Michael Caputo, Riverside Chapter
Kirk Comstock, Southeast Missouri Chapter
Brandon Crowson, Corpus Christi Chapter
Alexander Czechowski, Fredonia Chapter
Robert Fairman, Wilmington Chapter
Cam Gudmundson, Lake Forest Chapter
Edgar Martinez, Corpus Christi Chapter
Josh McPherson, Iowa State Chapter
UIFI is a 5-day principle-centered approach to creating change within a Greek community. UIFI offers participants the opportunity to explore, define, and enhance their leadership skills, personal awareness, commitment to their fraternity or sorority, and grow to expect values based action from themselves and those they lead.The institute is interactive, fun, challenging, and intentional. During a session, you’ll experience hands-on interaction, experiential activities, discussion time, and personal reflection time. There is considerable focus on the positive aspects of fraternities and sororities in addition to important discussions about issues that threaten our future. For more information: visit the National Interfraternity Conference’s website at http://www.nicindy.org/programs/uifi/
The Delta Chi Educational Foundation has scholarships available to help ease the costs of acquiring a sound education. The following scholarships are being offered to our undergraduate and graduate student members for 2016:
UIFI (Attendee) Scholarship | DUE APRIL 1
- For undergraduate members to attend a session of the Undergraduate InterFraternity Institute, presented by the NIC.
- Covers registration fee and provides a small travel stipend.
- APPLY by April 1, 2016.
Borelli Award | DUE APRIL 15
- The Borelli Family Leadership Award recognizes undergraduate students who excel academically and exercise unparalleled leadership traits within their chapters and campuses.
- Awarded to those with a cum. gpa of at least 3.0, serve(d) as a leader in their chapter, and holds/held leadership roles on their campus. Full description of requirements HERE.
- APPLY by April 15, 2016.
Grad Student Scholarship | DUE MAY 31
- The Graduate Student Scholarship recognizes the accomplishments of a Delta Chi who successfully completed his undergraduate degree and went on to pursue further education.
- Awarded to those within the top 5% of their class, with experience as an undergraduate leader and successful academic. Full description of requirements HERE.
- APPLY by May 31, 2016.
Meyer Scholarship | DUE MAY 31
- The Duane and Mary Meyer Scholarship is available to undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate academic achievement, service to the Fraternity, service to the community, and financial need.
- Awarded to those who submit documentation and a letter of need. Full description of requirements HERE.
- APPLY by May 31, 2016.
Washburn Scholarship | DUE MAY 31
- The Washburn Scholarship is designed to recognize undergraduate brothers that best exemplify what it means to be a Delta Chi.
- Awarded to those who demonstrate community involvement, work responsibilities, Chapter involvement as well as positive grades and financial need. Full description of requirements HERE.
- APPLY by May 31, 2016.
The Knight Errant is a newsletter publication put out by the Delta Chi Educational Foundation each semester. Updates on Foundation programs, donor spotlights, and current events can all be found here. Donors to the Delta Chi Educational Foundation whom reach “member” status (at least $200 in contributions) automatically receive this periodical.