The Executive Director of Delta Chi serves as the chief executive officer of the Fraternity. The Executive Director reports to and serves at the direction of the Fraternity’s Executive Committee and Board of Regents on all Fraternity matters.
The Executive Director is responsible for the supervision and direction of the headquarters staff and for overseeing Delta Chi’s day-to-day business operations. In coordination with the Delta Chi staff, the Executive Director also oversees the Fraternity’s programs and activities which include providing services to the chapters and colonies and D-Chi alumni, publishing the Fraternity magazine, producing electronic news letters, raising funds, organizing meetings, and managing physical and financial resources.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
As the chief staff officer of the Fraternity, the Executive Director of Delta Chi has responsibility for the following specific duties and responsibilities:
Strategy / Vision / Planning
- Serve as a visionary leader whose philosophy is constantly forward-thinking.
- Address long term-growth through proactive strategic planning and implementation of the strategic plan in cooperation with the Fraternity’s Board of Regents and the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Ensure that the organization operates within the mandate of the mission, values, business ethics, best practices, and policies of Delta Chi.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule with the Executive Committee all board meetings, including agendas and other materials to be distributed in advance of the meetings.
- Participate as a non-voting member of the Board of Regents and Executive Committee, attending all meetings and teleconferences.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board of Regents and the Board of Directors.
- Participate as an ad hoc member of all the board committees as well as other committees or task forces that may be established from time to time.
- Support the work of the Boards and their committees.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Executive Committee on Delta Chi activities, condition of finances and media relations.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Executive Committee of the Delta Chi Educational Foundation on all duties and charges as assigned by said Executive Committee.
- Prepare and submit to the Executive Committee an annual written plan of goals and objectives with an execution plan for the coming year.
- For the Foundation, work with volunteers, staff, board, and other constituents to ensure that fundraising goals are
- Engage in donor prospecting, research, cultivation, and recognition.
- Stay abreast of changes in solicitation laws and other legislation affecting fundraising.
- Coordinate activities with the Barrister Capital Corporation which provides housing opportunities for Delta Chi organizations.
Public & External Relations | Communications
- Serve as the “face” of Delta Chi.
- Speak at strategically appropriate gatherings.
- Execute all communications to the general membership, including but not limited to newsletters, informational materials and promotional materials as directed by the Executive Committee or Board of Regents.
- Act as the final editor for the Delta Chi Quarterly and all other publications ensuring all materials and articles are provided for publication and distribution in a timely manner.
- With the Board President, be available for interviews for radio, television, and print media.
- Review and approve all written materials that promote and represent Delta Chi.
- Strengthen new and existing relationships with all undergraduate and alumni chapters and colonies as well as college and university administrators where Delta Chi is represented.
- Cultivate expansion efforts in undergraduate institutions.
- Participate as an active member in interfraternal activities and meetings with the following as well as other organizations:
- North-American Interfraternity Conference
- Fraternity Executive Association
- FIPG Inc. meetings (risk management representation).
- Attend and make presentations at regional leadership conferences, biennial conventions and chartering ceremonies, upon approval of the Executive Committee.
- Work to expand the involvement of alumni members of the Fraternity.
- Take an instrumental role in the business decisions of the Fraternity, actively participating in the development of the annual budget. Assure that all Directors are trained and have an understanding in the development and administration of their budgets.
- Develop opportunities to generate additional sources of revenue for the Fraternity, while being sure that all funds, assets, and other property of Delta Chi are appropriately administered, insured and safeguarded.
- Work closely with members of the Investment Advisory Committee to ensure that the Fraternity’s funds are invested prudently and in accordance with the investment guidelines of the Board of Regents.
- Comply with external audits of the organization conducted by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and tax documents.
- Prepare requests and support documentation for grant proposals to the Delta Chi Educational Foundation.
- Support the Delta Chi Housing Committee with its loan application process and loan portfolio.
Management & Administration
- Supervise and oversee all employees of the Delta Chi Fraternity.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the Delta Chi office.
- Develop procedures and programs to implement the general policies established by the Executive Committee, Board of Regents, and as required by Delta Chi Law.
- Plan, formulate and recommend for implementation basic policies and procedures that will further the objectives of Delta Chi to be approved by the Executive Committee and Board of Regents.
- Coordinate all Fraternity programs and policies with Alumni Board of Trustees, house corporations, “BB”’s, alumni associations, and Regents.
Requisite Background & Experience | Qualities & Characteristics
Qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director will be visionary leaders and inspirational spokespeople with a successful record of accomplishment. Candidates will be expected to understand, embrace, and advance Delta Chi’s mission and to appreciate and support the role that Delta Chi plays in the lives of its brothers. All candidates will also be expected to present the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; master’s degree is a plus.
- Membership in Delta Chi strongly preferred or, alternatively, a willingness to undergo alumni initiation.
- Five plus years of successful organizational management experience and significant experience in nonprofit administration.
- Experience developing strategic plans in cooperation with a governing board.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of fiscal, program, and staff management.
- Demonstrated ability to advance relationships with constituent stakeholders, including prospective and current donors, other Greek letter organizations, professional organizations, and volunteers.
- Quality leadership that is effective, creative, stimulating, and evidence that the individual acts as team player.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development, conference participation, publication, and professional education.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and understanding database software.
Compensation & Availability
Delta Chi Fraternity offers a competitive compensation package to attract the right candidate. The organization offers stimulating work and professional development opportunities, encouraging all Delta Chi team members to generate innovative ideas to further the goals of the organization. Delta Chi also provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. The position is available immediately.
To apply, please send a cover letter and current résumé (Microsoft Word® format preferred) to email@example.com. A well-crafted cover letter outlining how your background and experience relate to the position is considered an important part of the candidate review process. All applications will be acknowledged.