Fraternity Tabs Sterling Martin to Conduct Search
IOWA CITY, Iowa – The Delta Chi Board of Regents has selected the Executive Search Firm of Sterling Martin to conduct a national search for its next Executive Director.
Sterling Martin has conducted hundreds of national searches for nonprofit and for profit organizations including fraternity and foundation executives.
The Delta Chi Fraternity Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Fraternity and will be responsible for the execution and implementation of the vision set forth by the Board of Regents and also for the management of staff at Headquarters.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Day-to-day operations of Fraternity.
• Recruitment, supervision, training, and development of all employees of the Delta Chi Fraternity.
• Implementation of policies and procedures as set forth by the Board of Regents, Executive Committee, and Delta Chi Law.
• Management of the Fraternity’s finances, including budget development, timely reporting, and regular audits.
• Oversight of Fraternity business, financial, and membership data including chapter/colony correspondence, and membership trends and analysis.
• Planning and implementation of all Fraternity leadership and educational programming, conferences and conventions.
• Implementation of best practices for member training and education.
• Representing the Fraternity at regional and chapter-level functions and also attending various interfraternal events.
• Oversight of all communications within and outside the organization, including periodic press releases and announcements.
Candidates must be a member of Delta Chi or go through alumni initiation. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
Additional requirements include a minimum of five years of experience working for a fraternal or nonprofit organization, preferably membership based, or equivalent experience at an institution of higher education or related employment at a leadership/management level at a for-profit corporation. The successful applicant will have excellent communication skills, entrepreneurial instincts, and the ability to leverage technology to increase efficiencies.
More information about the selection process will be available in the comings weeks including application details.